Shea Lake Nature Preserve, Plaster Rock
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Moderate, kid-friendly (ages 10+)
Join esteemed naturalists and Nature Trust stewards as we travel to the Shea Lake Nature Preserve to observe and learn about the numerous species of orchids that make their home on the preserve.
The difficulty level for this event is moderate, as there are no paved paths on the preserve, and will require some bushwhacking.
PARTICIPANTS SHOULD BRING:
- Hiking boots or rubber boots;
- Appropriate clothing for the weather;
- Water, lunch, and snacks;
- Sunscreen and DEET free insect repellent;
- Field guide, notebook and pencil or pen, camera (optional).
HOW TO GET HERE: More details to come. The meeting location of the Orchid Walk at the Shea Lake Nature Preserve will be given to participants upon registration.
Space is limited, so please register in advance below: