ExploreEcoNB Mobile App
After developing DeepMapEco, a mobile application that featured only our 37 nature preserves, the Nature Trust took it to the next level and spearheaded the development of ExploreEcoNB, an app with over 300 natural spaces to explore, with nine other provincial partners. Read on below.
ExploreEcoNB is a mobile application, available in both official languages, designed to connect people with the natural beauty of New Brunswick, Canada. In today’s technology-driven society, this user-friendly application provides explorers with a convenient and versatile way to access information about New Brunswick’s natural areas. The application is specifically aimed to inspire the discovery of New Brunswick’s special places. For more information and to download, visit ExploreEcoNB.com. Make sure to use the #ExploreEcoNB hashtag when talking about the app online!
In a glance…
- ExploreEcoNB is a multi-partner mobile mapping application that connects people with nature, encouraging outdoor physical activity and exploration and appreciation of natural places in the province of New Brunswick, Canada.
- The development of this app was made possible through the amazing collaboration between government, non-profit organizations, and corporations. The partners include the Nature Trust of New Brunswick, Department of Natural Resources, Nature Conservancy of Canada, New Brunswick Provincial Parks, Parks Canada, Sentier NB Trail Inc., Conservation Council of New Brunswick, Nature NB, Meduxnekeag River Association, and Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society.
- This app is free for download thanks to our generous funders— Mountain Equipment Co-Op, TD Friends of the Environment Foundation, Government of New Brunswick’s Environmental Trust Fund, and NB Wildlife Trust Fund.
- The ExploreEcoNB mobile app is available for iOS, Android, and Windows phones and can be found in each platform’s respective app store.
- The app is available in both of Canada’s official languages.
- This app offers the perfect opportunity for individuals to get outside and explore the natural spaces of New Brunswick.
- The app features over 300 natural areas to explore, including nature preserves/reserves, Protected Natural Areas (PNAs), Important Bird Areas (IBAs), national and provincial parks, trail systems, and public entry points for paddling the St. John River.